|What does the tool measure?||Impairment in visual perception|
|What types of clients can the tool be used for?||Patients with stroke|
|Is this a screening or assessment tool?||Screening|
|Time to administer||The OT-APST takes 20-25 minutes to administer.|
|Versions||There are no alternative versions of the OT-APST.|
|Other Languages||The OT-APST has not been formally translated and validated into other languages.|
|Reliability||– Only 1 study has examined the internal consistency of the OT-APST and reported adequate to excellent levels of internal consistency.
– Only 1 study has examined the test-rest reliability of the OT-APST, and reported excellent test-retest.
– Only 1 study has examined the inter-rater reliability of the OT-APST and reported adequate to excellent inter-rater reliability.
– Only 1 study has examined the intra-rater reliability of the OT-APST and reported adequate to excellent intra-rater reliability.
|Floor/Ceiling Effects||No studies have examined the floor or ceiling effects of the OT-APST.|
|Does the tool detect change in patients?||Not Applicable.|
|Acceptability||The OT-APST is not suitable for individuals:
– with severe auditory comprehension problems
– who are unable to use either hand for task completion,
– whose level of arousal/attentional capacity precludes participation for the necessary time required for task completion
– with receptive language problems
Alternative methods of test administration are provided for clients with expressive language problems.
|Feasibility||The OT-APST takes 20-25 minutes to complete and does not require any formal training. The measure is simple to score and all required materials and instructions for administration are provided in the assessment kit that can be purchased. The OT-APST is simple to score.|
|How to obtain the tool?||The OT-APST Assessment Kit and forms can be purchased from OT Australia Qld by visiting the following website: http://www.otqld.org.au/docs/2008%20OT-APST%20order%20form.pdf or by visiting http://www.functionforlife.com.au/#research.|
The Occupational Therapy Adult Perceptual Screening Test (OT-APST) Evaluation Summary